We at Akshar Team Security Ltd, are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Thus, this privacy notice illustrates how we collect and use personal information about you in accordance with Kenya Data Protection Act, 2019.
It describes how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights as to your personal information and on how to contact us if (and should)) you have a complaint.
What kind of information do we collect?
We collect Personal data, or personal information, that is, any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
From our website we collect and use personal information (including personal contact information, information from your device or website usage information) to:
- Respond to queries or requests submitted by you.
- Administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us.
- Improve your experience on our website.
- Anticipate and resolve problems with any services supplied to you.
- Process orders, service, product quotation or applications submitted by you.
It is, therefore, very vital that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Kindly, keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through
You may give us some information about you by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Create an account on our website.
- Enter a promotion or survey.
- Subscribe to or like our service or publications.
- Request or apply for our products or services.
- Request marketing to be sent to you.
- Give us feedback or contact us.
Automated technologies or interactions
As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. Please see our cookies policy for further details.
Third parties or publicly available sources: We will receive personal data about you from various third parties such as analytics providers or analytics networks.
Information collected from other sources
We may also collect information from the already available publications.
We also collect cookies on our site for performance related tasks.
How we use your personal information
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
Under the Kenya data protection law, the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are at a position to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us through firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where we have a contractual obligation.
- Where we have a legal obligation.
- Where we have a vital interest.
- Where we need it to perform a public task.
- Where we have a legitimate interest.
For how long shall your personal information be kept?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for and shall include the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
Transfer of your information out of Kenya
We may transfer your personal information to other countries via our website or social channels or server.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of Kenya, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data and give personal data the same protection it has in Kenya.
Under the Kenya data protection law, you have the right as below:
- Your right of access: You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification: You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing: You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability: You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstance.
- Right to withdraw consent: at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Note that, you are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we shall respond to you. Should you wish to exercise any of those rights, please email us at email@example.com
To withdraw your consent, please contact, firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purposes or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Securing your personal information
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Data protection officer
We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact the DPO by emailing email@example.com.
You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Office of Data Protection Commissioner’s Office (ODPC), the Kenyan supervisory authority for data protection issues.
Changes to this privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
Kindly, do keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Please contact our Data Protection Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.